Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Are you a journalist who chucks around frivolous accusations of anti-Semitism?

Based onAaro's version of the original

1. Are you Jewish?

a) no, I am just a bloke who happens to be called Aaronovitch and regard the suggestion that my political support of the State of Israel might have something to do with my surname as rather offensive
b) of course I am part of the Jewish community, I take part in its internal debates, I write a column in the Jewish Chronicle and regularly refer to the British Jewish community as "we".
c) Who's asking?

2. What did you think of the Mearsheimer and Walt paper on "the Israel Lobby"?

a) I notice that David Duke of the Ku Klux Klan liked it, didn't he eh? Nudge nudge.
b) It doesn't seem to actually make any specific anti-Semitic claims, but coo, it doesn't half bang on about Israel doesn't it? Tin foil hats! Nudge nudge.
c) I am going to get a fucking book out of that "Conspiracy Theories" lecture if it fucking kills me.

3. What would your reaction be to convincing evidence that the IDF had committed war crimes?

a) Well, what would you have done matey, with terrorists on your front door?
b) Look I've said it was horrible. You don't know how awful I feel about this. Isn't that enough?
c) Pass me another drumstick please.

4. Have you stopped beating your wife?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's interesting. In his article on WandM Aaro doesn't use the "David Duke liked it" line of guilt by association that you satirically give him. In the Times comments, however, someone else donates him the Duke thing just as you did. That was a Rowan Berkeley. And if you're thinking "great minds think alike", try searching for "Rowan Berkeley".

3/08/2007 04:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of interest, was anyone else able to (honestly) choose any of the options Aaro provides as answers to any of his quiz questions? And were the option b)s meant to represent the answers Aaro himself would have given had he been presented with the quiz? If so, this would presumably be his position on the wall:

"A regrettable necessity, but I’d love to see it taken down when peace returns."

Presumably those less moderate than Aaro would rather it remain in place should peace return to the region.

3/10/2007 02:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home